4.7.10

Salad Dressing- Asian Style

I love salads.  Can't have dinner without one- literally, I have an almost obscenely large salad with every dinner.  But, of course, that means M and I go through a ton of dressing!  A while back, I started to make my own, because it really is so much cheaper- not mention healthier- than storebought.  And I just feel better too, knowing that it's mine...  Anyway, I have come up with several over the course of time.  This one is what I call the Asian One.  So easy to make, and a great one for salads, although I'm sure it could be used for a variety of things, so get creative.



Asian Salad Dressing
A very versatile dressing- somewhat creamy as is, but feel free to up the mayo for more creamyness, and the vinegar for less creamy. It will get a lot thinner after it sits for a day or two. Also, sometimes I will add more chili sauce for heat. Like I said before, dressings are really so versatile. Just go wild!

Makes about 1 ½ cups, 10 calories/tbsp

Ingredients

• 2/3 cup fat free mayo
• 1/3 cup ketchup
• ¼ cup soy sauce
• ¼ tsp tumeric
• ½ tbsp chili sauce
• 1 tbsp miso paste
• Salt and pepper to taste
• ¼ cup apple cider or regular vinegar

Preparation

1. Combine all ingredients and whisk well to work out any lumps. Chill until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment