23.10.10

Simple Salsa

What can I say about this salsa?  It was a good thing to make on a night when I also had to make bread and salad dressing.  It's fairly quick, and fairly tasty.  I was not blown away, and will probably continue seaching for something more like the perfect salsa that I tasted at a restaurant, but this was by no means something that I did not enjoy.  I had it over baked potatoes.  Combined with feta cheese, this made for a very satisfying dish, with a bit of a unique flavour. 
I think the hardest thing about this dish is all the fine chopping involved, but if you don't mind a bit of elbow grease, than this is a nice thing to throw together when you are pressed for time.  One of these days, I would like to try it over grilled tofu, too.
A word on baked potatoes.  I eat the peel- all of it, no matter how the potato has been cooked.  I have often wondered if I am the anomoly, because most people that I know avoid the better part, if not all of, the peel.  Is this true, I wonder?  M eats about half her peel, and I kid her about it.  But none of my friends that I know of eat the peel.  Why?.. it's most certainly my favourite part.  It's fun to eat with your fingers, too...
Simple Roasted Red Pepper Salsa

Adapted from Vegan Dad

Makes about 3 cups

1 small onion, finely diced
Juice of one lime
1 roasted red pepper, cooled, seeded and skinned, and diced
3 tomatoes, seeded, and finely diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Pepper to taste

Um…. Basically just mix everything in a bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment