6.2.11

Easy Baked Mix with BBQ Sauce

Hah!  This is one of the easiest recipes known to mankind.  It just requires some patience once it's in the oven.  But I seriously think that I put this together in five minutes.  Which is incredible, especially since it makes four fairly large servings.  I love it!  And it's a really warm, fillign dish too.  I had the urge to eat the leftovers with chopsticks last night, and that was really fun too.  No clue why... At first I was worried about the dish beign too oniony, but then the onions did mellow out nicely, and developed that baked onion taste that I love.  I haven't made a dish like this one in such a long time, and I am certain to make this one again, no changes!

BBQ Bake

Adapted from Karma Free Cooking

Serves 3-4

4 medium-small red potatoes, chopped
2 vegetarian hot dogs, sliced on the diagonal
1 medium sweet yellow onion,, peeled, cut into half, and then into quarters, and somewhat separated
6 tbsp bbq sauce, or more to taste
2 tbsp molasses
Cooking sherry, opt.
1 tsp caraway seeds
Sprinkling of garlic salt

Preheat the oven to 400.
In a large bowl combine the potatoes, hot dogs, and onion with the bbq sauce and molasses. Stir to coat, adding cooking sherry if needed to make the sauce less thick. Add the remaining ingredients, and stir well. Pour into a casserole dish coated with nonstick spray, and bake for 45 minutes or so, until the potatoes are tender, stirring every 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment