21.4.11

Apple-Cinnamon Sweet Potato Souffle (Easy)





Easy sure does describe this souffle.  Actually, I don't really know if this would officially qualify as a souffle, because it doesn't have any eggs, but it tastes good enough to have a fancy name, so I suppose it deserves it.  These are really good, rich, creamy, and filling.  Oh, did I say rich?  Well, they taste rich, but, as you can see, there is a lack of high calorie ingredients.  So, it's deceiving.  Which, I think, is totally the way to go.  These do taek a bit of work, but I think I have minimized that, so they are as easy as possible.

Sweet Potato Apple Soufflé


Adapted from Happy Healthy Life

Serves 6

2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup apple juice
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp corn starch
1/8 tsp salt
8 ounces tofu
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
A few shakes nutmeg
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 400
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and cook the sweet potatoes until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, and remove to another bowl. Mash- I used an immersion blender- until smooth, and then blend in the remaining ingredients except breadcrumbs. Fill the bottom of 6 ramekins with a thin layer of breadcrumbs, and then pile the sweet potatoes in. Bake for 30 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are browned in places. Serve.

1 comment: