22.4.11

Fancy Bean Burgers

I have not made bean burgers in quite some time, and these caught my eye.  What a great use for beans that does not include soup or hummus... burgers!  I am not such a big fan of bread, so I just omitted the bun part of the recipe.  I suppose these would be good inside a bun too, but I can't say for sure.  All I am certain of is that these little things pack a lot of flavour, what with the multiple spices.  I do, however, highly recommend using the mayo/dijon mustard, because without something like that, these are rather dry and stick in your throat.  Don't shy away from the bacon either, because it just adds that much more!  I have alslo tried these with greek yogurt, and that has been good as well.

Cannellini Burgers


Adapted from Happy Healthy Life

Makes 6

2 cups cooked cannellini beans
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2-3 tbsp water
½ tsp chipotle powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp liquid smoke
6 slices vegetarian bacon, warm
Fat free mayo
Dijon mustard

Preheat the oven to 400.

Mash the beans- I used my immersion blender which worked pretty well. Add through the liquid smoke, and mix well. Shape into patties and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until they start to brown. To serve, spread the bean burgers with mayo and mustard, and top with a piece of bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment