16.4.11

Delish Pasta Salad

This is a fun little pasta salad that I thought stood out from the monotonous crowd of pasta salads.  Yes, it does indeed have mayo.  Yes, it has carrots and bell pepper and pasta (I should hope a pasta salad has pasta).  And, yes, it's really really good.  But, the common things stop there.  Cranberries lend bursts of sweetness, and the broccoli adds a different bit of texture when you get a piece.  I always jump at the chance to use sunflowerseeds in cooking, and here was my chance, so I jumped... And so, I ended up with a very flavourful and colourful pasta salad, that also traveled very well in my lunches.  I killed two... pieces of tofu with one stone!

Snazzy Pasta Salad


Adapted from Melomeals

Serves 6-8

1 cup whole wheat elbow pasta, cooked until al dente
1 cup shredded carrots
½ cup diced bell pepper
1 cup broccoli florets
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup sunflower seeds
1 cup cilantro, chopped

 
½ cup fat free mayo
4 leaves or so stevia, chopped (sub any sweet thing like sugar, honey, or agave)
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp dijon mustard
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp curry Powder
1 tsp garlic powder
A few dashes ginger
Parmesan cheese, to top (opt)

Mix together the pasta through cilantro in a large bowl.


In a small bowl, mix together the mayo through ginger, and whisk well. Pour over the pasta mixture, and then chill until ready to serve. Top with parmesan cheese, if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment