11.1.12

Green Bean and Carrot Saute

Ok, so I have to say that this dish was not all that great... but that's most likely because I really overcooked the veggies.  I know, shame on me.. slap my wrist with a ruler.  Yeah, yeah, yeah.  But the picture turned out good, so I think that means I have to post!  Adapted  from here.

Saute a ratio of 2:1 green beans to carrot sticks with a few cloves garlic.  Add a couple tbsp water and cover the pan (if it doesn't have a lid, a cookie sheet works well) for about 7 minutes, until the green beans are tender.  Add in a sauce of blended: PILES of cilantro and parsley, lemon juice, liquid smoke, paprika, cumin, corn starch, and a good amount of mirin.  Let the sauce thicken for a few seconds and then serve over rice.

UPDATE: Tonight I dumped a bit of tomato sauce on the leftovers and it was a lot better.. more sauce, more flavour, more creamy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment