28.1.11

Simple Mini Mutton Stir Fry

It was kind of funny making this dish because I had no clue what was going in it.  Thankfully, it turned out better than I could have possibly hoped, and I would certainly be making this combination of veggies again.  So easy to make, and so versatile.  Largely due to M too, becasue I kept asking her what she wanted in the stir fry because my brain was so fried that all I could do was chop.  But, here's the amazing recipe.

Simple Mutton Stir Fry

Serves 4

Adapted from Chinese and Thai 400

2 tbsp agave nectar
1 tbsp corn starch
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 lb snow peas, trimmed
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 carrots, chopped on the diagonal

3/4 lb mushrooms, quatered, halved, or left whole
3 green onions, chopped
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
3 cups vegetarian mutton (more or less is good too)
Sesame seeds to serve (I forgot in the pictures...)
Salt and pepper, to taste

Mix together the agave through soy sauce in a small bowl.  Set aside.
Heat a wok over medium high heat with a bot of water.  Add the carrots and mushrooms, and saute for a minute.  Add the bell pepper and saute for another 3-4 minutes.  Add the snow peas andn green onions, saute for a minute, and then add the sauce, mutton, and cilantro.  Cook unitl all veggies are tender.
Serve over rice with sesame seeds and salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment