9.3.11

Sauted Snow Peas

These were quite easy to make, and rather similar to another recipe for green beans that I have made numerous times before.  However, I loved the addition of the onions.  I was making another dish on the same night, and I had some leftover onions, so I decided that I would just put them in with the snow peas.  And they turned out to be just the right thing to go along with the sauce.  These were so useful for my lunches during the week, to go with the hummus wraps.  A nice veggie side dish, with an excellent flavour.

Simple Snow Pea Stir Fry

Adapted from Kalyn’s Kitchen

Serves 4-6

1 lb. snow peas
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp sesame seed oil, divided
Hot sauce, to taste
3 slices ginger root
2 large garlic cloves, pressed
¼ cup chopped onion
1/2 tbsp peanut oil
Black and white sesame seeds

Mix together the soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, and hot sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
Heat a wok over medium high heat, and add the remaining 1 tsp sesame oil with the peanut oil. Put in the ginger for about 45 seconds, and then remove- this flavours the oil. Add the onion, then garlic, and finally snow peas. Cook for 3 minutes and add the sauce. Cook until tender, about another minute, and serve with sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment