17.10.12

Corn Salad and ... Date-Coffee Pancakes

Well, I'm still catching up here, so I couldn't manage to dig up a picture for the salad.  Perhaps my camera ran out of power or something..
 
 
Anyhoo, I couldn't give you a post without pictures, now, could I?  So, thus, I give you pancakes and corn salad.  Which TOTALLY makes sense.  Right?  Right.
 
 
Pancakes adapted from The Tolerant Vegan
 
In a small bowl, mix together:
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • a pinch of salt
  • 1/2 tbsp baking blend stevia
  • 1/2 banana, mashed
  • 1 cup nondairy milk
  • 1 tbsp instant coffee
  • 1/4 cup chopped dates
Make like you normally make pancakes.  Makes 2, 322 calorie servings
 
Corn Salad adapted from One Green Planet
 
Mix together:
  • Cooked corn from 2 ears
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips, cooked on a panini press
  • 1 small onion, sliced, cooked on a panini press
  • 2 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
  • 2 tbsp vegetable broth
  • a splash of cider vinegar
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • chopped fresh oregano
  • liquid smoke
  • 1 cup red kidney beans
 

No comments:

Post a Comment