So, I made this Pizza Quinoa casserole...
It was the PERFECT start to a 4 day weekend! What flavour! Excellent!
And, now since I have a bit more time to type tonight, I will take advantage of that and rant for a bit. I think all of my friends, and I now that I think about it, have senioritis. It's bad, and the year is not even half overwith yet. I feel like my emotions inside are kind of rolling around, like a giant wad of tangled thread. It's like of weird - I'm either laughing or about to cry or both. I'll stop now, and move on to food... so I don't get too depressed.
Adapted from Food Doodles
In a casserole dish, combine:
- 1/2 cup dried quinoa, cooked with 1 cup water
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped and sauteed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped and sauteed
- 1/3 red bell pepper, finely chopped and sauteed
- 3 tbsp home made ketchup (heavenly stuff - use stevia for the sucanat to reduce calories)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp each freshly chopped basil and oregano
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp nooch
- a few drops liquid stevia
bake at 350 for 20 minutes or so