Well, as I should be studying for physics and french, I'll try to keep this short.
Heck, who am I kidding? Studying is the LAST thing I want to do right now.
... well. Yes. This dish. M reeeeeeeeeeally liked it! Nice and wintery. The sad thing is, it's been in my line-up for AGES, and I just now got around to making it. But it's made now, and I have had the delightful experience of eating it. My life just got that much better.
Adapted from Fat Free Vegan
Saute until tender:
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 coined carrot
- 1/2 chopped bell pepper
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves chopped garlic .
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- splash of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp thyme
- lots of chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cups water + vegetable broth powder
- 3 tbsp whole wheat flour (whisk this in slowly)
- A good amount of chopped 'sausage' - I omitted the oil, and baked this at 350 for 30 minutes, until poofy and firm
Cook until thickened, and serve over brown rice.