24.10.12

'Sausage' and Mushroom Cream Sauce over Rice

Well, as I should be studying for physics and french, I'll try to keep this short.
 
 
Heck, who am I kidding?  Studying is the LAST thing I want to do right now.



... well.  Yes.  This dish.  M reeeeeeeeeeally liked it!  Nice and wintery.  The sad thing is, it's been in my line-up for AGES, and I just now got around to making it.  But it's made now, and I have had the delightful experience of eating it.  My life just got that much better.

 
Adapted from Fat Free Vegan
 
Saute until tender:
  • 1 small chopped onion
  • 1 coined carrot
  • 1/2 chopped bell pepper
  • 8 oz sliced mushrooms
  • 4 cloves chopped garlic . 
 
 Add in:
  • 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
  • splash of soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp thyme
  • lots of chopped fresh basil
  • 1 1/2 cups water + vegetable broth powder
  • 3 tbsp whole wheat flour (whisk this in slowly)
  • A good amount of chopped 'sausage' - I omitted the oil, and baked this at 350 for 30 minutes, until poofy and firm
 
Cook until thickened, and serve over brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment