Ok, so I'm not so big on pureed soups - you can probably tell. They are just too... well... uniform. No chunks, no excitement. Boo hoo. So that kind of ruled out split pea soup for me - and then I tried this recipe. Nom nom nom! Good stuff, this soup. And quite simple to make, too.
Adapte from WTHDAVEA
Drizzle with sugar free maple syrup and roast at 425 for 20 minutes:
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3/4 lb parsnips, peeled and coined
- Quite a few carrots, coined
- A few russet potatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp homemade vegetable broth powder (GOOD STUFF, just use about 1/2 of the salt called for, and I left out the tumeric because I hate it)
- A dash of cloves
- Liquid smoke (hickory flavoured, if possible)
- Dried rosemary
Puree the soup base, and let it thicken by cooking with the lid off if needed. This will thicken up a lot over night.
Serve: veggies, broth, seitan of choice, and sugar free apricot jam