3.7.10

Eggs N Potatoes

So, last night I attempted to use up the potatoes from the farm that I got two weeks ago.  Haha, I guess you could call them old new potatoes- they actually had some sprouts growing out of them.  Anyway, they weren't entirely used up, but I only have 5 to go!

I ended up making a traditional dish- rosemary potatoes.  I roasted about 5 cups of potatoes and 1 onion with a dry sherry and teryaki sauce dressing with a couple tsp of freshly chopped rosemary from the garden.  (I am proud to say that the plant is thriving dispite M and mine's incapability to grow anything!!)  The potatoes turned out great after sitting in the oven for half an hour or so on convection.

And for recipe number two:
A while back I had found a really neat recipe called Mini Wonton Quiches from none other than the Incredible Edible Egg website.  The company that runs that incredible edible egg campaign never ceases to amuse me, for some reason. 

I modified the recipe, making it healthier and vegetarian friendly.  They actually turned out very photogenic, and so adorable!  Not to mention they tasted good, too.  I don't imagine that they would keep very well as leftovers, but they sure are easy to make, and the amount of servings is very easy to manipulate.

Mini Wonton Quiches


4 servings, 140 calories each

Adapted from the Incredible Edible Egg website
Ingredients
  • 16 wonton wrappers
  • 4 eggs
  • ¼ cup veggie burger crumbles (I bet you could also use tofu)
  • ¼ cup green onion, chopped fine
  • ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped fine
  • ¼ cup carrot, chopped fine
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tsp fresh basil, chopped
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Coat 16 muffin cups with cooking spray. Gently press 1 wonton wrapper into each cup.  Mine got all nice and prettily wrinkled on the edges!
2. Beat the eggs in a medium bowl . Add burger, green onion, carrot and bell pepper; mix.  Stir in the salt, pepper, and basil, and divide among the wonton wrappers.
3. Bake until filling is set, about 11 to 13 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment