16.11.10

A Quick Tofu Wrap


I think I literally made this recipe in about 15 minutes, start to finish.  It was quite epic, to use the popular term.  Life is way to hectic anyway to be spending more than that time on dinner.  I think this tofu was supposed to resemble eggs, but I really don't think that it tasted anything like eggs (or looked like them, for that matter).  The only thing I would change about the original batch that I whipped up would be to reduce the mayo a bit, because it seemed a bit heavy to me.  Other than that, I loved it, and the leftovers saved both M and I on several occasions. 
I bet this would be good with frozen and thawed tofu, too.
And another thought.  It seems kind of ironic that it's quite cold outside, and these wraps are to be eaten cold.  Don't ask me the logic in that, because there really isn't any.  But I really love the weather.... stew, stew, stew!

Quick Tofu Wraps


Serves 6-8

Adapted from Vegan Appetite

19 ounces extra-firm tofu, pressed really well, crumbled
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
½ teaspoon turmeric
1/4 cup fat free mayo
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp capers
¼ cup minced onion
¼ cup minced red pepper
1 tbsp minced fresh basil
1 teaspoon paprika
½ tsp tumeric
salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
Spread a layer on a wrap, and then add the toppings of your choice. I used alfalfa and spinach- tomatoes would also be good. Alternatively, make a sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment