23.8.12

Falafel

I haven't made falafel in AGES!
 
 
Whaaat?  That shouldn't be legal...

 
But, I shall avoid those darn falafel police! ;)
Yummmmmy baked, herbed falafel... you know, I actually was going to throw some parsley in these,but totally forgot...



Adapted from Cookie and Kate

Blend:
1 cup cooked chickpeas
1/4 cup cilantro
1 sauteed shallot
1 sauteed clove garlic
a bit of cumin
a bit of cinnamon
a few tbsp water

shape into patties, bake at 375 for 25 minutes, and serve over lettuce, with grapes, and dressing...

Dressing (adapted from Healthy Vegan Recipes), blend:
2 peaches/nectarines (no need to peel, just pit them... I actually had some that got a little bad spot on them, and I froze them to use in situations like this!)
1 cup water
2 cloves garlic
1 cup fresh basil
1 tsp paprika
2 tbsp sesame seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment