13.8.12

Rice Burgers with Fancy-Pants Cole Slaw

... I think that this was an excellent way to use up some old pineapple...


Yummm...


And, hah, nothing but teensy buns left in my freezer, so I elected to do an open face so I could have a decent amount of burger.



Adapted from HHL

For the cole slaw, mix together:
  • finely diced pineapple
  • shredded cabbage
  • finely diced carrots
  • pisachios
  • sugar free maple syrup
For the burgers, blend until mostly smooth:
  • ~1 1/4 cups chickpeas
  • small handful sesame seeds
  • ~2 tbsp nooch
  • ~3 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
Stir with 1/4 cup dry brown rice cooked, ~3 tbsp chopped onion cooked, 1 scant tbsp flax meal mixed with 2 tbsp water, and enough maple syrup to make things stick together.
Shape into somewhat patties, and bake for 25 minutes at 350.
Stick 'em on buns, and top with cole slaw... I chose to do an open face, since my bun was sooo teensy!

No comments:

Post a Comment