10.6.12

Flavourful Lentil Bugers + Homemade Buns

I used the same recipe as I used for the slider buns I made a while back (subbing applesauce for the oil), only this time I made 18 buns - so it came out to about 120 calories per bun.  Not bad, eh? (and I sprinkled them with black sesame seeds, just for the fun of it!)

And... Ok.  So, I know that these don't look very attractive.  So.. your point?  They taste A-MAZING!!  So much flavour in such little patties ;)



Adapted from Keepin' It Kind

Soak 1.5 tbsp flax meal in 1/4 cup warm water until it gels up.  Chop and saute 8 oz criminis and a few cloves garlic.  Blend all of this (I used an immersion blender) with 1 1/4 cup cooked brown lentils, 1 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tbsp soy sauce, liquid smoke, basil, thyme, sage (fresh herbs, if you can), 1 cup Italian flavoured bread crumbs, and a few chili flakes.  Yes, it will be wet.  Plop pattie-sized glumps (yes, that is a technical term) on a sprayed baking sheet, and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, until they start smelling good.  Serve on buns with pickles, lettuce, ketchup, and vegan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment