21.6.12

"Condensed" Lentil and Rice Soup

No, really.  This soup thickens up so much that it's pretty much condensed soup!  Although, I don't know about you, but I really like my soup that thick... Plus, this soup packs in lots of great flavour.  Normally, I have trouble with lentil soups being so bland, so I have been more heavy-handed with my spices in soups.  And lookie at where it got me!

Adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen



Veggies: onion, carrots, lots of garlic
Stuffs: brown lentils (presoaked), canned tomato sauce, brown rice, lotsa water
Seasonings: liquid smoke, chili powder, cumin, oregano, chipotle chili powder, veggie chicken and vegetable bullion
Thickened with corn starch, and served with fake meat!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm.. I love lentils. And I love soup. And I also like my soup thick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally second that. Totally.

    ReplyDelete