16.1.12

Orzo and Grilled Veggie Salad

This one is for M's lunch box.  However, I couldn't resist having some for dinner (I DID make it for her, after all), and so here's the recipe..  Adapted from here.

Cook just over 1 cup of orzo. 
On a panini press, cook 1 small onion and 1 large red bell pepper, both cut into strips, and about 1/4 lb mushrooms.  Mix with orzo, along with halved black olives and chopped parsley and basil.  For the dressing mix together dijon mustard, mirin, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning.  Mix everything together, and enjoy! 
If you're not vegan, this salad is supposed to get feta on top of it, which is rather tasty.  However, I am trying to be vegan, so no cheese for me.

Sheesh, sorry, my camera's being stupid... picture tomorrow!

And... it's tomorrow!  Here's the picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment