4.1.12

Pasta and Bean Casserole

So, the reason that I didn't post this Monday, when I actually made it, was that it tasted aweful.  Yup.  And, tonight, when I had leftovers, I doctored it up a bit so it tasted pretty good... so here's the new and improved thing.  Mixture.  Casserole.  Thing..

About 1 1/3 cup dried beans, soaked and cooked, mixed with about 1 1/3 cup spiral pasta, cooked.  Add to that a chopped onion, carrots, and peas, and a heafty amount of garlic.  Mix in about one batch of this 'mayo' recipe (I doubled it, and then used about half; the other half went in salad dressing).  Add in sage, Italian seasoning, a splash of almond milk, chipotle chili powder, and perhaps a few other seasoning (I think oregano, but I can't really remember).  Mix it all together and shove in the oven at 400F.  Bake for about half an hour or so, until you are ready to eat...
And then my additions: a hefty drizzle of maple syrup (sugar free), and ~1 tbsp toffuti sour cream (the kind that is flavoured).  Then mix it all up, and it tastes pretty darn good!..

No comments:

Post a Comment