19.3.12

Beer, Onion, and Setian Sausage Pasta

It's raining... hard... so this dish seems appropriate...



First up was the setian.  I used this recipe from Vegan Dad, cutting out the oil.  After I mixed up the dough, I just flattened it into large patties and steamed it like that, as opposed to rolling it into sausages.
The setian was cubed and set aside.  Then I proceeded with WTHDAVEA's Carbonnades a la Flamande, and modified a wee bit.  I sliced up 1 laaarge onion and sauteed that for 10 minutes until it was soft.  Then I added 1 1/2 cups beer, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp herbs de provence, 1 tbsp red wive vinegar, and 1 tsp veggie bullion.  That was simmered until the beer was fairly reduced, then I added a corn starch slurry and cooked it for 15 more minutes, covered, until it was thick. 
The sauce and setian were served over pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment