2.3.12

Kind-of Soy Milk Quiche

I really have NO CLUE what this is... it's really odd.  However, it tastes good, so I figured I had better post it!  

I have to say, the night I baked it, Wednesday, it came out really watery.  Like soup in a crust.  So I was like Okaaaay... and stuck it in the fridge, hoping it would firm up, and ate leftovers that night.  Thursday, I saw it was solid, and then decided to heat it up for dinner.. and it kind of liquified again.  But once I tasted it, the liquification of the quiche was alright by me, because it tasted marvelous!  Tonight, Friday, I had it again, and decided to try it cold so it wouldn't be liquidy.  Mistake - after one bite, it went in the microwave.  So, I like it hot and soupy... yes, this is an odd quiche type thingy.  But, like I said, the taste is good, so that makes up for everything.  Adapted from here.


(The picture is of the cold quiche... it totally deflates.  Trust me.)

To make the Spinach and Soy Milk Liquidy Quichey Thingy... de-stem, tear, and wilt 1 bunch of spinach.  Saute 1 small, finely chopped onion and 3 cloves garlic.  Add in 3 cups soy/almond milk, 1/2 cup at a time - add 2 tbsp corn starch to the first half cup.  Add the next half cup when the liquid has thickened slightly.  Once all the milk is added, add 1/3 cup nooch, Spike seasoning, and Italian seasoning.  Pour into pie crust, top with cheese and paprika, and bake for 25 minutes at 375F.

For the pie crust: spray your pie plate, then in the pie plate mix 1/2 cup each sesame seeds, oatmeal, and whole wheat flour.  Add applesauce to hold the dy stuff together - I think I use about 1/2 cup.  Mix all this together in the pie plate, and shape to form the crust.  Bake for 12 minutes at 350, until firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment