14.11.12

Macaroni and Butternut Squash Soup

Oh my freaking bananas.  I am exhausted.
 
Physics test.  Number spewing out my head from calculus.  Memorizing greek terms for english.  Doesn't that last one seem a bit ironic, now that I think about it?..

 
Good thing I can talk about something easy, nice, and pleasant now- soooooooup!
 
 
Adapted from Love You Madly
 
saute
  • 1 onion
  • carrots
  • celery
 
Add
 
Ladel out some broth and blend with a roasted butternut squash reeeeeally well.  Return to the soup, add a corn starch slurry if desired, and some whole wheat macaroni pasta.  Heat through and serve with seitan.
 
Roasting butternuts:  Lop off the top and bottom, and then just hack away at the skin until it's all off.  Cube the flesh, and bake at 350 for 45 minutes until tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment