8.10.10

Shells and Green Beans Pasta Salad

I rarely eat pasta.  Seriously- it's weird that I would go for Asian "pasta"- udon, soba, and the like- over Italian stuff any old day.  But of course on occasion, I run across something really good looking with pasta in it.  Normally, I end up changing the original recipe quite a bit.  This one is just another prime example of that.
I have never had or bought orzo before, but the original looked so pretty, and I had to go on the quest for orzo.  Unfortunetly, I only found one brand in the limited time that I have these days, and it was not whole wheat, so M and I settled on shells.  Before we have always gotten what I call "Super pasta"- the Barilla Plus, which is loaded with protein and all that good stuff.  But, this time M and I settled on the whole wheat shells, and so that's what went in this salad.  Honestly, this is nothing that I would rave about, but it worked great for my lunch, and is a dish that I would be happy to eat any time of the year.  Plus, it's quick!

Shells and Haricot Verts Pasta Salad

Serves 6

Inspired by All Recipes

• 1 red onion, chopped
• 1 large carrot, coined
• 2 cups green beans, chopped
• 1 ½ cups whole wheat shell pasta, cooked
• 1/4 cup basil, chopped
• 2 ½ tablespoon chopped sun-dried tomatoes
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
• 2 tbsp mirin
• Salt and pepper to taste
• ½ cup fat free feta cheese

Heat a frying pan over medium high heat. Saute the red onion, carrot, and green beans for about 10 minutes, until tender.
Mix together the pasta, basil, tomatoes, and sauted veggies in a large bowl. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, mirin, salt and pepper, and cheese. Mix well, and serve at any temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment