17.10.10

A Simple Wrap Featuring Broccoli

Never, ever, in my whole life would I have believed that something this simple could end up tasting so good.  These are really odd, really tasty wraps.  And so easy to make- it probably took about 20 mintutes from start to finish, and a good bit of that was down time waiting for stuff to cook.  A simple combinaition of broccoli, potatoes, and cabbage, with a bit of agave and feta cheese.  The agave really lends a nice sweetness.  The original recipe said to add walnuts, which M did, but I decided to skip them.  M really liked the nuts, though, and I bet they would taste pretty good.
I think I found the trick for keeping wraps together.  It looks weird, but it works.  I lay my fork on top of the wrap when I'm not holding it.  Simple as that.  And it keeps me from getting really frustrated, which is always a good thing...
Oh, and just a little side note.  I don't know why I am bothering to post this.  But, for a project, I need ancient Greek recipes.  So hopefully it'll actually taste good, and that will be showing up in a post soon.  But first I have to actually find an authentic one.  Wish me luck on that- it's for a competition, and I want to prove my cooking skills!

Potato Broccoli Wraps


Adapted from Karma Free Cooking

Serves 3

1 medium red potato, chopped
1 ½ cups green cabbage, shredded
1 cup broccoli florets
Mirin
3 tbsp or so fat free feta cheese
2 tbsp or so agave nectar
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 wraps

1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, and cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes, until tender. Drain and set aside.

2. Heat the pot again over medium heat with a bit of mirin. Sauté the cabbage and broccoli for 6 minutes, until tender.

3. Line the potatoes on each of the wraps. Layer the broccoli and cabbage on top of that. Sprinkle with cheese, drizzle with agave, and add salt and pepper to taste. Roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment