1.10.10

Zesty Salad Dressing

Sooo... I kept forgetting to get a picture of this dressing- that's why the bowl is so empty in the picture.  This dressing came out of the need to use up a bit of cilantro and a whole bunch of basil- our plant is growing to mutant size.  Maybe M gave it steroids... Anyway, I was a huge fan of this dressing.  It was a bit "too vinegary" for M, so I ended up eating all of it, which was perfectly OK by me.  It has a nice zip to it, and livens up a salad nicely.  I bet it would be really tasty on a baked potato, too, or something similar to that.

Zippy Salad Dressing

Makes 2-ish cups

1 cup fat free mayo

Juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp raspberry vinegar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
½ - 2/3 cup basil leaves, chopped
1/3 cup onion, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk until no lumps remain, and chill until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment