23.12.10

Easy Orange Green Beans

I got new running shoes today!  I'm very excited about them, because they are neon yellow, and look very snazzy.  Much better than my old boring shoes.  They were kind of on the pricy side, but I think that they were worth the ten extra dollars from the not so neat looking shoes.  I also tried on a pair of orange Newtons.  Those are awesome shoes.  I actually would totally have bought those instead, but they were $175.  Both M and I agreed that that was a bit steep.  I'll put those on  the wishlist, because those shoes made me feel like I was walking on air.  Amazing.  And then I tried a pair of  the Five Finger shoes, which are all the rage right now.  I think those would be rather intersting to have, and I would have liked to spend more time getting used to those in the store.  Very different, that's for sure.
And so was the green bean dish that I whipped up tonight.  It was quick and easy, and did not require any special groceries.  This also tasted extremely good, and had a nice holiday touch.  I was very pleased with the orangey and sweet flavour, and the cranberries were a good inspiration, I thought.

Honey Orange Green Beans


Serves 4


Adapted from Allrecipes

1 lb green beans
3 tablespoons honey
1 orange, zested
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tbsp soy sauce
½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Cranberries, to taste

Mix the honey, orange zest, garlic, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, and garlic in a small bowl.
Heat a wok over medium heat with a bit of water. Add the green beans, and sauté for a minute or so, and then add the sauce. Sauté for 10 minutes, or until tender. Serve, topped with pepper and crandberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment