18.12.10

My First Brussel Sprouts...

Simple roasted vegetables are one of the best and safest dishes that I know of.  These sprouts fit the bill- they are very quick to throw together, and then you are just left with a good chunk of time while they cook.  This was actually my first time eating brussel sprouts, which I now find rather depressing.  These that I tried for this dish were frozen because I could not get my hands on any fresh ones, and they were rather mushy.  But they were still excellent, and I can't wait until M and I can find some fresh ones, so I can try them.  This dish seems to be a great and flavourful side dish, and it goes well with pretty much everything.  Horray for the cabbage family- who cares what the majority of people think about "gross veggies", I love 'em.

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Vinegar, Cheese, and Cashews

Serves 4

Adapted from Kalyn’s Kitchen

Generous 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
Scant 1 T olive oil
1 T balsamic vinegar
Mozzerella cheese, grated, or another type of cheese
Cashews or another type of nut
Preheat oven to 360. Mix the sprouts with the oil and vinegar.
Place the sprouts on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes, until tender.
Serve, topped with cheese and nuts. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment