29.12.10

Umm... Lasangne?


I am so excited!  I just got 3 new cookbooks from Half-Priced books, and they are loaded with really good looking recipes.  I really can't wait to crack them open, and they are loaded with tons of mouth-watering recipes.  One's vegetarian, one is Chinese and Thai, and the other is just plain Thai.  Lots of stir frys, but there are other interesting dishes too.  The funny thing is, is that if I made a recipe from one of the cookbooks every day, it would last me for almost three years.  That's a lot of cooking, I think.  Heh, who am I to talk about a lot of cooking?
This recipe was rather interesting to make.  I do not really think it's real lasagne.  It's kind of lasange, kind of something else.  I modeled it after a smoked fish version, and then saw that what I was planning would not really work out.  So, I ended us pretty much improving the whole thing, and it actually turned out tasting pretty decent.  And so, here you have it.  I totally just made this up as I went along, and this is how it went.  I think.

Kind Of Vegetable Lasagne

Serves 8

1 large onion, cut into rings
1 lb button mushrooms, sliced
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 cup carrots, coined
1 tbsp Italian seasonings
2 tbsp vegetarian chicken bullion
9 lasagne sheets, boiled until tender, about 10 minutes
14 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
1 cup skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 lb vegetarian bacon
2/3 cup frozen sweet peas

In a large frying pan, heat a bit of water and add the onion.  Saute for a couple minutes, and then add the mushrooms through carrots.  Saute until almost tender, about 7 minutes, and then add the Italian seasoning and bullion.  Continue sauteing until tender.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375.  Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick spray.
Line the bottom of the casserole dish with 3 noodles.  Add 1/3 of the sauted veggies, leaving behind the juices.  Then add 1/3 of the bacon, half the cheese, and then the peas.  Add another 1/3 of the lasagne noodles, and then another 1/3 of the veggies and 1/3 of the bacon.  Add the remaining noodles, then veggies, tomatoes, bacon, and finally the last of the cheese.  Pour the reserves vegetable liquid over the top.
Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or so, unitl heated and cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment