4.12.10

Sweet Italian Stir Fry


Yay!  It's Friday, and I am about to die.  One more week until finals.  But it's the weekend, so I can put all of that behind me.  Sometime soon, M and I are going to stop shopping for dishes and actually buy some- probably from the Asian Market.  They are so pretty.  The shop has these really cute tea kettles that have clocks on them and say "tea time"!  I love it!  And Target has some pretty cool dishes, too, which is awesome. 
This stir fry is unique for several reasons, and turned out really good.  One thing that was kind of weird was that I actually didn't mind the whole tomatoes in there.  I used to hate non-crushed tomatoes, but I guess I'm getting over that.  That was one different thing.  The other was the cheese on it, which, I've never had cheese on a stir fry before.  It was rather good.  And, of course, the Italian aspect was unusual too.

Sweet Italian “Goose” Stir Fry

Serves 4-6

Adapted from I Eat Food

2 tbsp Italian seasonings

1 tsp chili sauce
1 ½ tbsp “chicken” bullion
2 tbsp stir fry sauce
½ cup mirin
1 ½ tbsp corn starch
1 large onion, chopped
24 crimini mushrooms, sliced
1/3 large head cabbage, shredded
5 cloves garlic, pressed
1 lb giant green onions, or regular green onions, or leeks
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 lb smoked vegetarian goose, cubed
1 cup edammame
1 bunch spinach, stemmed and washed
Freshly ground black pepper and salt
Grated vegan cheese
Mix together the Italian seasonings, chili sauce, bullion, stir fry sauce, mirin, and corn starch in a small bowl and set aside.
Heat a wok over high heat with a bit of water. Add the onion and sauté for 2 minutes, and then add the mushrooms. After a minute add the cabbage and garlic. When that shrinks a bit, about another minute, add the green onions and bell pepper. Keep sautéing for another 7 minutes or so, until the veggies are pretty much tender. Add both fresh and dried tomatoes, “goose”, edammame and sauce. Heat through and add the spinach. Sauté until the spinach wilts.
Serve over udon noodles or other noodle, and top with salt and pepper and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment