12.4.12

Cheesy Pasta and Broccoli

With fresh basil!  I feel like fresh basil is the only thing this dish really needs... it's just THAT good.  This was also my first time trying Follow Your Heart cheese, which was rather exciting for me!
Adapted from 101 Cookbooks.




Cook some whole wheat macaroni, and put into a casserole dish coated with nonstick spray.  Mix with grated FYH mozzerella cheese, and sprinkle with lots of chopped fresh basil.  Top with 16 oz canned tomato sauce and chopped broccoli.  Sprinkle lightly with bread crumbs.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until broccoli is done.  Sprinkle with Perfect Pinch Sweet and Smoky seasoning - I added this the second time I had this dish, and that added the perfect punch that this dish needed.  Smoked paprika or chili powder would work well as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment