26.7.12

BBQ Baked Tofu and Pintos

Ok, I have a confession to make...


I CAN'T GET ENOUGH BBQ SAUCE


Dang, that stuff is so addicting...



Alright, first up, cut up enough 1/4 inch-ish tofu slabs to cover a 9*13 casserole dish.  This should be about 1 block, depending on what size you buy.  Then press the tofu.  Lay the tofu in a single layer in the casserole dish, and *smother* with bbq sauce (can you tell I'm trying to use it up?)  Bake for 20 minutes at 375, flip, bake for another 15 minutes, then broil for 3 minutes. 
While that is going, saute up a chopped small-ish red onion, and a chopped bell pepper - about the same amount of bell pepper as onion.  Mix the veggies with ~3 1/2 cups cooked pinto beans, 1/4 cup ketchup, 3 tbsp molasses, 3 tbsp sugar free maple syrup, ~1 tsp liquid smoke, 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tsp dried mustard, and a 4oz can of hatch chilis.  If you can get your hands on fresh hatch chilis, all the better, but I couldn't :(.  Anyhoo, spread this over the tofu, and then top with sweet potato tater tots (again, I WOULD link to a recipe here, but they turned out kind of bad...) - or, you could just smaaaaaaaaaall dice sweet potato and mix with cinnamon and call that done...
Bake this entire thing for about 20 minutes.  It should be nice and bubbly!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome, wish that you would list the ingredients rather than hide them in a paragraph description form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, anonymous. I will start doing that - I'm still developing my style. I'm glad you said something!

      Delete